Soleil has worked for Love Japan Magazine since it was launched, using her enthusiasm and knowledge about Japanese pop culture to write articles for our magazine and blog. Her design work for Issue 1 of our print magazine has received many compliments – she has a real eye for creating engaging content!
– Emily Faulder, Editor, Love Japan Magazine/ Freelance Photographer
“Soleil joined us in October 2012 and in a short space of time quickly established herself as a key part of the team. She’s brought creativity to all the tasks that she’s undertaken from designing internal and external posters to creating and editing film content. She has quickly picked up complicated computer programmes such as InDesign and FinalCut as well as Joomla our internal intranet software. In addition to being creative she can also be relied on to sort out important administrative tasks such as dealing with suppliers, obtaining quotes and handling invoices.
Her biggest achievement since starting with us has been:
– Co-producing alongside Will Sharp (Communications Officer) ‘Meet the Apprentices’ a film about Lewisham Homes apprentices that featured the Mayor. Through the film she has been able to help other apprentices talk about their positive experiences too.
Her other highlights include:
– Carrying out an internal office audit (across four sites) to refresh all posters and pictures.
– Organising two staff socials including invites, posters, catering and photography.
– Assisting on the day at the 2013 Lewisham Homes Resident Conference dealing with face to face customer enquiries, booking and arranging workshops and contributing to the event’s Social Media presence on by regularly tweeting from the event.
In everything she does she brings positivity, fun and professionalism and it’s a pleasure to see her flourishing.”
Rosie Groves, Communications Officer, Lewisham Homes (Soleil’s line manager)
On 9 March 2013, Lewisham Homes hosted the third Resident Conference and Involver awards. The event was an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of all our residents and the impact their hard work has had in their neighbourhoods and communities.
The event was planned and co-ordinated by the Community Involvement and Communications teams and Soleil had a role as part of the event team, managing workshop registration and customer service. Her duties included:
Soleil’s hard work on the day enabled us to put on an event that was succeeded in recognising the valuable contribution residents make, to the continued success of Lewisham Homes. Check out the event at www.youtube.com/Lewishamhomes
Will Sharp, Communications Officer , Lewisham Homes
Soleil Redwood 2017